Deadline near to apply for Opioid Epidemic Response Advisory Council
The Minnesota Department of Human Services is seeking applicants until July 29 for the new Opioid Epidemic Response Advisory Council.
Established by 2019 legislation, the council will review existing efforts to address the state’s opioid epidemic, establish future priorities and recommend specific projects to receive funding from $20 million in annual fees generated from opioid wholesalers and manufacturers.
- Council membership will include the following individuals or representatives:
- Person in opioid addiction recovery
- Person with chronic or intractable pain or a rare disease or condition
- Tribal nations
- American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Minnesota Medical Association
- Board of Pharmacy
- Treatment organizations
- Alternative pain management therapies
- Nonprofit organizations
- Minnesota Ambulance Association
- Law enforcement or judiciary
- Local health department
- Mental health advocate
Commissioners or their designees from the Minnesota Departments of Human services, Health and Corrections will be non-voting members of the council.