Spring Conference 2019 Attendee Registration
Tip: Are you a SPSWA member? If so please log in to get member rates.
About the Speakers
Linda Shell DNP, MA, RN, is a motivational speaker, advanced practice nurse, author, consultant, and educator with a passion for developing leaders and delivering quality care to older adults. Dr. Shell has served on various boards including LeadingAge of MN and MN Gerontological Society. Dr. Shell has been instrumental in the development and delivery of numerous leadership programs across the country and facilitates Leadership Academy for LeadingAge MN, one of the largest and most successful leadership programs in the country. She serves as adjunct professor of nursing at Bethel University in St. Paul. She is co-author, with her spouse Bill Shell, of the SurTHRIVELeadership platform and online video series. She presents at many local, state, and national conferences and is known for her
Jane Graupman is the Executive Director of the International Institute of Minnesota, a nonprofit organization that makes “full membership in American life” accessible to immigrants and refugees in Minnesota. Through refugee services, immigration assistance, English-language education, and employment services, the Institute brings motivated hard working New Americans into our community and workforce. During her 29 years with the Institute, the organization has tripled the number of high quality programs and services offered. She has been instrumental in creating nationally recognized education and workforce training programs that help New Americans maximize their talents. Under her leadership, the Institute has prepared more than 2600 immigrants for careers in health care. Graduates of its Nursing Assistant program have a 94 percent job retention rate at one year. The Institute works with 75 employer partners, and supports college-bound English language learners earn advanced degrees in healthcare.
Under Jane’s leadership, the Institute has been recognized by being:
- Awarded the Minnesota Department of Human Services, Resettlement Programs Office, Innovation Award (2018)
- Featured in the U.S. Department of Labor’s Training and Employment Notice regarding best practices for Workforce Training Programs (2017)
- Featured in the University of Minnesota’s alumni magazine (2018)
- Featured in the Aspen Institute’s report “Working Together to Strengthen America’s Immigrant Workforce” (2016)
- Featured in the National Skills Coalition’s report “Upskilling the New American Workforce” (2016)
- Awarded the Greater Twin Cities United Way’s Best Community Impact award (2014)
Jane can be reached at email@example.com, or 651-647-0191.
Event Date & Time
April 2, 2019
Scroll for full agenda and speaker details
North Heights Lutheran Church
1700 Hwy 96 W
Arden Hills, MN 55112
Members = $40
Non-Members = $45
Not yet a member? Click here to join now! Then come back to this registration form after you have logged in to receive your Member price.
Linda Shell DNP, MA, RN
2019 Conference Agenda
Registration, Breakfast, Networking and Vendors
Welcome and intro Linda Shell
Jane Graupman, The International Institute
Prize Drawings, Closing
-Please park outside of and enter through door B.
-Plan to arrive between 7:15 and 7:30am
Continuing Education Units : This conference will award 3.0 CEUs
If you would like to donate a door prize, contact Annalisha Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Limited Scholarships Available – Contact Annalisha Perez at email@example.com
Questions or Special Accommodations? Contact Annalisha Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651)621-2459
- If you register and cannot attend, you are welcome to send someone in your place.
- Cancellations and requests for refunds must be in writing and must be received no later than March 31. We cannot provide refunds for service charges incurred by online registration. Please contact Annalisha Perez at email@example.com regarding transfers, cancellations and requests for refunds.